Digital Sky Solutions Blog
Tip of the Week: Two Taskbar Tips
Microsoft Windows is run on a majority of business computers. As a result, having a good understanding of some of the features that will make using the software easier is beneficial. This week, we will go over some things you can do with the taskbar that will make navigating your computer easier.
Most people’s work only requires them to access information in a handful of files. If repeatedly getting to those files is the biggest headache you have, there is a way to add direct links to the taskbar. Here is how to do it:
- Right-click any unused space in the Taskbar to open a menu of options
- Hover over Toolbars and select New toolbar…
- Find the folder you want, select it, and click Select Folder
That folder should now appear in your Taskbar and the files it holds are easily accessible to you.
Quickly Access Websites
Some people work exclusively on the Internet. You can create a quick-access URL field on your Taskbar that will give you the ability to search the web (or your machine) for websites and files. Here’s how:
- Access your Taskbar options by right-clicking in any unused space
- Hover over Toolbars, this time selecting Address
A URL field will have appeared in your Taskbar. Typing a URL into it and pressing Enter will open that website in your default browser.
If you would like to see more great computer tips and tricks, subscribe to our blog today.